Back to the Philippines in October!

My new Chase credit card came on March 10th. With a nice 0% APR Interest rate until March 2009. So... of course I started looking up flights to the Philippines. F.B. & I agreed on Oct 6th-Dec 2nd. I kept picking flights and it kept tellion the ng me my flight wasn't available. I even started picking flights that went through Japan and Guam... and nothing was available for some reason. Not to mention the cheapest flight was $1,400.

I played around with the dates a bit and came up with Oct 6th-Dec 4th. That came up with an $1,100 flight. Pretty much the same flight I always take through Chicago & Hong Kong. Except instead of Philippine Airlines I'd be taking Cathay Pacific Airways to the Philippines and back to Hong Kong when I go home. Which means I won't be at the smaller airport for just Philippine Airlines, I'll be at the big main airport. I'm sure F.B. and I will find eachother though. That's about the only new part to my flight.

So I put the ticket on my credit card. Ahhh more debt... lol. I'm usually able to pay off my tickets before the interest starts by making $60.00 payments twice a month. I told F.B. I want to visit ever year until we are able to get married.

I will be going to the Philippines again October 6th-December 4th. I'll be staying around 8 weeks! I'll get to spend F.B.'s birthday with him this year. Yay!!!!

I mailed off my visa application to the Philippine Consulate in New York on March 18th. I had to have the application notarized and I had to send in my passport, 2x2 white background passport photo, e-ticket, flight intinerary & my income tax copy, prepaid envelope & $30.00 postal money order. Now I am waiting for my application to be processed and my passport returned to me with my visa. Nervous. I hope I filled everything out correctly. I need the visa, since I'll be staying 2 months.

Here is my flight schedule:

Monday, October 6, 2008

Depart: United Airlines 9:24am Philadelphia International (PHL)

Arrive: 10:49am Chicago O'Hare International (ORD)

Change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 22min United Airlines

Depart: 12:20pm Chicago O'Hare International (ORD)

Arrive: 4:45pm Hong Kong Int'l (HKG)

Change planes. Time between flights: 3hr 15min

Depart: Cathay Pacific Airways Depart: 8:00pm Hong Kong Int'l (HKG)

Arrive: 10:00pm Manila Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL)

This is an overnight flight. Total duration: 24hr 15min Total miles: 9171 miles

Thursday, December 4, 2008 Return


Depart: Cathay Pacific Airways 6:30am Manila Ninoy Aquino Intl (MNL)

Arrive: 8:30am Hong Kong Int'l (HKG)

Change planes. Time between flights: 3hr 10min

Depart: United Airlines 11:40am Hong Kong Int'l (HKG)

Arrive: 11:49am Chicago O'Hare International (ORD)

Change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 21min

Depart: United Airlines 1:35pm Chicago O'Hare International (ORD)

Arrive: 4:45pm Philadelphia International (PHL)

Total duration: 22hr 43min Total miles: 9171 miles

Designed by FlexyCreatives