Playing tourist in my own city.

Saturday my cousins, brother & I decided to take a train to 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. The point of the trip really, was to see how I'll be taking a train there because the location where my office is now (I work for the Dept of the Treasury) will be moving to another location downtown in Philadelphia in late 2011, early 2012. So taking the train will have to become regular with me. (Not enough parking at the location we are moving to.)

I've never taken a train in my own city in 26 years, haha. Neither had my cousins, so it was an adventure for all of us. It was a nice sunny day out. So we planned to take the train down, and walk around downtown for awhile and take pictures.

We walked around 30th Street Station and had Auntie Anne's (I had lemonade, yum!) Then we walked around outside and up Market Street to City Hall. The building where my office will be, is in the old United States Postal Office, across the street from 30th Street Station.

We had a great day taking pictures and sightseeing around our city for the day. It was warm & sunny and I could actually wear sandals! Now that I know how to get there on the train, I think I'll be going downtown more often to take more pictures in other locations. We had stopped at Starbucks before heading back to the train station to catch our train home.

Here are some pictures from our adventures on Saturday:

Waiting for our train:


30th Street Station:




Statue on bridge at Market Street near the station:


Skyscrapers downtown in Philadelphia:


Trolley:


City Hall:






You can view the rest of the photos from my day in my Photobucket album: HERE

Photobucket

Designed by FlexyCreatives