Finally completed our I-864

It's been a month since the NVC took the fee's out for our affidavit of support and immigration fee's. Our lawyer emailed me our I-864 (affidavit of support) the other day and I had to sign them and prepare copies of my 2007,2008 and 2009 income tax returns, along with my W-2's and 1099's. I will be dropping everything into the mail later! So we are finally finished with another step! Once the NVC is finished reviewing our paperwork they will forward everything to the Embassy in Manila and F.B. will need to prepare for his interview!

Here is our check sheet for our immigration process. The strike through's are completed steps.

1. USCIS will send our lawyer a receipt notice sometime in the next few weeks confirming they received our I-130.

2. In approximately 3-5 months the USCIS will make a decision on the I-130 and will forward our file to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire.


3. The NVC will then send a packet with instructions to complete our I-864. (There will be a fee.)

4. Once the packet is returned to the NVC, they will review everything and within 45-90 days they will forward the packet to the U.S. consulate in Manila.

5. The Consulate will send a packet with instructions for F.B. to complete a medical examination & obtain a police clearance certificate prior to scheduling his visa interview.

NOTE: Our lawyers Peter J. Gonzales & Shanna Stanton have changed firms. They are no longer with Kahiga Tiagha. They are now with Green and Spiegel LLC, but still located in Philadelphia. 

Photobucket

Designed by FlexyCreatives